HSBC Life (UK) Limited
We adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, a set of guidelines stipulated by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) used to ensure websites are designed and written in a way that makes them accessible to everyone. This means that:
- We only use strong colour contrasts
- Headings are used correctly to make them readable through screen readers
- Links do what they say. We don’t use ‘click here’
- Tables are laid out in a tabular format with headings
- We use style sheets to determine the presentation of our website – this assists those using screen reading devices
- Where we use images, we use alternative text so that those people who cannot see the image can read the text. This alternative text can be read by screen reading devices
Range of browsers and operating systems we support
Our website is available to both PC and Apple Mac users with modern internet-enabled machines.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Chrome (latest version)
- Safari (9 and above)
- Firefox (latest version)
Supported operating systems:
- Windows 8 and 10
- Mac OS X 10.9 and above
Microsoft has ended its support for Windows 7.
This means it will no longer offer security updates or fixes. As a result, it’s no longer one of our supported operating systems for online banking.
What to do if this affects you:
- upgrade to a newer operating system, if possible
- don’t use your Windows 7 device for online banking or shopping
- use another device for online banking, such as a tablet
- download our mobile banking app to access your accounts safely
Browser updates are available free of charge from each browser provider. Operating systems can be purchased from software vendors. We will update our list of supported browsers and operating systems from time to time as the software used by our customer’s changes. The details are correct as of January 2020.
Browser updates are available from Microsoft, Firefox, Safari and Google.
When you are logged onto Online Banking, a “Time out message” will appear before you are due to timeout. This is to warn you that your Online Banking session will end within 60 seconds unless you select ‘Yes’.
Please note that this warning message will not appear if pop-ups are blocked. To ensure you receive this warning, please amend your browser settings.